Thursday, August 11, 2011

Fun-ky, Fun-ky

There's one thing Ryan and I learned at FujiRock...you can never be TOO colorful here. Japanese hippies and concert-go'ers wear some of the brightest clothes I've ever seen, and I've been loving every minute of it! Unfortunately during the festival most people were wearing ponchos and rainboots (both of which were also pretty cool looking), and I didn't get many photos. But we did go into an Oshman's when we got back to Tokyo, and brands like Gramicci, ArcTeryx, Gregory, and Patagonia, are making clothes for the Japanese market that are NOT available in the U.S...and that's a sad thing for everybody back home.
~~~~~~~~

Crazy leggings are a staple in everyone's outfit, and they're not just for girls! 
















Everybody loves fanny packs over here, and every time I go into one of these stores I almost break down and get one because they're so cool. But Ryan strongly disagrees with this fashion obsession of mine...what do YOU think though!?!?































Seriously awesome raingear.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know ... those fanny packs are PRETTY cool!! :) I will have to look into this Patagonia Japan line, to see what I am missing out on:) Glad you're having so much fun!!! :) Love the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all for the colors, but I say stay away from the fanny pack and get one of those cool jackets instead. You can wear it in your tent! Ha!

    It's so fun reading your blog and seeing your pictures. Can you believe school starts up in a week? Maybe you can find a little school to visit on Sept 1st. We miss you at Park!

    Ps. Izzy made a quilt for Danny's baby and used some of your fabrics! Thanks again.
    A

    ReplyDelete
  3. So an update on the purchases...I didn't end up buying anything! It's all so expensive in Japan---those rain jackets were $350, I kid you not.

    Amy, only 2 more days until school starts? I bet you and Kim are so busy! I've been thinking about you guys while in China because of your China unit. I've got all sorts of good pics on the Great Wall and of the Forbidden Palace--I'll post them at some point soon (and feel free to use them if you want!). If there's anything you want me to take photos of or pic up while I'm here let me know, though I won't be delivering goods until next year when I return : )

    I also though of you tons while in Japan....the Japanese are apparently obsessed with mid-century modern. It was fabulous.

    Tell the Park school kiddos and teachers hi!

    ReplyDelete