Monday, September 5, 2011

Could sushi get any better than this?!


Who knew Japan and Texas had so much in common? I was pleasantly surprised to see okra sushi rolls all over Japan--and truthfully I was shocked because I had no idea okra was eaten here. After a little research, I found out that okra is actually eaten in most warm regions around the world...who knew! I'm seeing a Japanese-Southern fusion opportunity here and am intrigued whether anyone has heard of a fried okra roll in the States. If it hasn't happened yet, it needs to.

2 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of okra sushi, but I'm not a definitive source of southern-sushi fusion by any means. So fun to hear about your adventures - keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? You're not a southern-sushi fusion expert?! Just kidding : ) I do think this food genre would take off in San Francisco though, don't you? Fried chicken roll, collard green roll...I'd eat there for sure.

    ReplyDelete