Friday, October 21, 2011

Bali

We were really looking forward to Bali...not just because of all the amazing things we kept hearing about this little island, but because my parents endured the 30 hour journey from Dallas and met us there. It was so nice being able to hang out with family, not to mention play four-person card games more regularly! Plus, Ryan had a new buddy to talk sports with, and I could wander the streets of Ubud and shop with my mom. Being on the road for so long can really make you miss your family, and all things familiar, really. The three weeks with my parents was a very welcome treat for us.

So what did we do in Bali? We chilled on the beaches of Sanur, celebrated my dad's birthday (40 years old. I know, crazy right?!), did lots of yoga in Ubud, saw beautiful rice terraces, almost got pooped on by a large reptilian intruder hanging out on the ceiling (ask my dad about that one!), ate amazing Indonesian food, got hooked on the Game of Thrones book series (well my mom and I did at least), hung out with some monkeys, found secret pathways leading to cute cafes...you know, the usual.

Here are some photos from Sanur and Ubud. More photos of Bali to come!
-----------
Picture-perfect Sanur beach

















Asian tourists wanting a photo with my dad. At first they didn't even ask...they just sat down on his chair and took a photo with him!
















My dad's birthday dinner. Grilled fish on the beach, what could be better?!
















 Monkeys in Ubud



















exotic fruit
















streets and sights in Ubud

























a tasty Indonesian lunch




No comments:

Post a Comment